|Profession||Actor & producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5â€™ 7â€
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & peper|
|Date of Birth||10 July 1956|
|Age (as in 2020)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Khagaria, Bihar, India|
|School||Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi|
|College||Hindu College, Delhi
National School of Drama
|Educational Qualification||Graduate degree in Theatre|
|Debut||TV: Rishtey-Naate (1980)
Film: Gandhi (1982)
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Sisters- 2, Vinita Malik (Actress)
|Address||901, Skydeck Oshiwara Complex, Off New Link Road, Andheri (West), Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Collecting shoes, spending time with his pet dogs|
|Controversies||â€¢ In June 2015, Alok Nath posted a selfie with her daughter on twitter as PM Modi had urged people to post their father-daughter selfies for 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' Campaign. On this, a woman named Kavita Krishnan posted a tweet calling PM Modi "Stalker PM Modi". However the tweet did not go down well, Alok Nath in a response posted an offensive tweet on her. You can see the full conversation in below snapshot:
â€¢ In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, Navneet Nishan alleged that Alok Nath harassed her in the 1990s. She also made allegations that he called her a drug user in an interview to Movie magazine. Furthermore, actresses like Sandhya Mridul, Deepika Amin, and writer Vinita Nanda also accused him of sexual harassment.
â€¢ On 21 November 2018, Vinta Nanda filed an FIR against him for allegedly raping her.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Neena Gupta (Actress)
|Marriage Date||Year- 1987|
|Children||Son- Shivang Nath
Daughter- Junhai Nath
|Car Collection||Audi Q3, Audi A4|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alok Nath
- Does Alok Nath smoke?: Yes
- Does Alok Nath drink alcohol?: Yes
- Alok Nath’s father and grandfather both were doctors, so he was also expected to become one. But he was not interested in the profession.
- He was an active participant in school and college skits. Eventually, he developed an interest in acting and joined the ‘National School of Drama’ to pursue a degree in theatre.
- Before coming to Mumbai, Alok Nath was an active theatre artist in Delhi.
- Â Till 1986 he only played small and insignificant roles in Films.Â Lack of work and money led him to act in ‘Buniyad’ (1986), in which he played the character of an old man despite he was just twenty years old.
- He was very much appreciatedÂ for his work in Buniyad, resulting in more film offers for the parts of fathers rather than the roles of his age.
- Alok Nath has acted as a Father to the actors who were younger to him, equal to his age and almostÂ double of his age.
- Alok Nath wanted to become a film star. But he was caught in the image of playing the role of fathers in the films. He wanted to break the stereotype. So he did a film Kamagni (1987) as the lead actor withÂ Tina MunimÂ (Ambani). But the film could not do well for his image and was a big flop.
- Alok Nath had played Amitabh Bachchan‘s Father in ‘Agneepath’ (1990) when Amitabh Bachchan was 48 and he was just 34.
- Alok Nath has only once refused to play a father’s roleÂ when he was asked to play Jeetendra‘s father.
- In Dec 2013, when Alok Nath was completely inactive as an actor got his name trending on social media as some netizens had created a series of a funny memeÂ on him.
- In his almost a four decades-long career, he has worked in around 500 films.