Priya Dutt Age, Biography, Husband, Family & More
|Full Name||Priya Dutt Roncon|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Social Worker|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5â€™ 7â€
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 145 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||2005: She was elected for the first time in Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai North West Constituency.
2009: She won again in Lok Sabha elections from the very same constituency.
2013: Appointed as the secretary of the All-India Congress Committee.
2014: In Indian General Election, she was defeated by Poonam Mahajan of the BJP by a margin of around 1.86 lakh votes.
|Date of Birth||28 August 1966|
|Age (as in 2017)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|School||A.F. Petit Girls High School|
|College/University||Sophia College, Mumbai University
The Center for Media Arts, New York City
|Educational Qualification(s)||BA in sociology
Post Graduate Diploma in Television Production from the Center for Media Arts, New York City
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Writing|
|Awards||â€¢ Young Political Achiever Award (2010)
â€¢ Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award (2012)
â€¢ FICCI Award (2013)
â€¢ Newsmakers Broadcasting and Corporation Awards (2013)
â€¢ Maitreyi Puraskar (2014)
|Controversy||â€¢ She had a strained relationship with brother Sanjay Dutt allegedly due to his wife Manyata Dutt. As per the reports, the damaged caused to their relationship was also because of his decision to enter politics as a Samajwadi Party candidate.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son(s)- Sumair, Siddhart
|Parents||Father- Sunil Dutt (Actor, Politician)
Mother- Nargis (Actress, Politician)
|Siblings||Brother- Sanjay Dutt
Sister- Namrata Dutt
|Favourite Politician||Sunil Dutt|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||â‚¹65 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts AboutÂ Priya Dutt
- Does Priya Dutt smoke?: Not known
- Does Priya Dutt drink alcohol?:Â Not known
- She was just 14 years when she lost her mother. Her mother died from Pancreatic Cancer in 1981.
- In 1992, during and after theÂ Mumbai riots, she worked with Muslim refugees in Mumbai. She reported receiving threatening telephone calls and public harassment.
- In 2007, along with her sister, she published a memoir,Â ‘Mr and Mrs Dutt: Memories of our Parents’.Â
- Her entryÂ into politics was a mere chance, she was expecting her first baby when her father Sunil Dutt suddenly passed away, so, she didn’t want her father’s work to go in vain, so, she came into the role. “I fought the bye-elections in 2005. I still remember filing my papers for the polls and going straight to the hospital to deliver.” SheÂ won by a record margin of 1, 76,000 votes.
- She also runs an NGO ‘Nargis Dutt Memorial Charitable Trust (NDMCT)’, which was started by her father in the memory of her mother.
Leave a Comment