|Real Name||Rajesh Roshan Lal Nagrath|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5â€™ 5â€
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 35 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||24 May 1955|
|Age (as in 2016)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Debut||Music Direction Debut: Kunwara Baap (1974)
|Family||Father- Roshan Lal Nagrath (Music Director)
Mother- Ira Roshan (Music Director)
Brother- Rakesh Roshan (Filmmaker)
|Controversies||In 2008, a case was filed against him by music composer Ram Sampath in the case of plagiarism of the songs in the film Krazzy 4. As the Roshan's failed to defend the case, they did a settlement of 2 crore (INR) with Ram Sampath.
|Favourite Actor||Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Musicians||Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, A.R Rahman, R.D Burman, Anu Malik, Sukhwinder Singh, Vishal Dadlani, K.K|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Roshan
- Does Rajesh Roshan smoke?:Â Not Known
- Does Rajesh Roshan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rajesh was born to a Punjabi father from Bareilly (in Uttar Pradesh) and a Bengali mother from Delhi.
- His parents came to Mumbai in search of work and stayed in a garage.
- His father died when he was just 10 years old. However, he proudly carried forward the legacy of his father’s music.
- He received music training from her mother, and Faiz Ahmed Khan Saheb while his mother would rehearse her music. He was also trained by famous music director, Laxmikant of the Laxmikant-Pyarelal duo, but later turned his bitter rival.
- Actor and director Mehmood gave Rajesh his break with the film Kunwara BaapÂ (1974).
- The first song that he recorded was “Saj Rahi Gali” from Kunwara Baap,Â where he used 15 transgenders (Kinnar) to record the song.
- His fortunes turned with the film Julie (1975), as his music was a huge hit and won him the Filmfare Award for Best Music Director.
- He was the first music director who convinced Amitabh BachchanÂ to singÂ a song in a film. The song was “Mere Paas Aao”Â from the filmÂ Mr. Natwarlal (1979).
- He is a shy person and is known in the film industry for his soft-spoken nature.