|Real Name||Shama Sikander Gesawat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5â€™ 6â€
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Figure Measurements (Approx.)||30-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1979|
|Age (as in 2018)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Makrana, Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Makrana, Rajasthan, India|
|College||Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai, Maharshtra, India|
|Debut||Film Debut: Prem Aggan (1998)
TV Debut: Yeh Meri Life Hai (2003)
|Family||Father- Sikander Ali Gesawat
Brothers- Khalid Sikander Rizwan Sikander (Actor)
Sister- Salma Sikander
|Controversy||Before making a comeback with her short film, Sexoholic, she opened up about her fight with depression with utmost candour in an interview to a leading daily.
She first realized her bipolar disorder when her ex-boyfriend Alexx Oâ€™Nell drew her attention to it. She narrated, â€œAlexx, who has a degree in Psychology, suspected that I had bipolar disorder and advised me to consult a doctor. But at that time, I didnâ€™t want to get cured; I just wanted to give up. Though my life was going great, I was bored of it; nothing would impress or excite me. I even tried to commit suicide one night. I kissed my mother goodnight and told her not to wake me up. After that, I swallowed several sleeping pills in one go. Just before slipping away, I texted my brother my bank account details, which made him panic. He immediately called my mother to check on me and I was rushed to the hospital three hours later.â€
Shama further said, â€œI was angry with my family for saving me. I wanted to go and return as a new person. I didnâ€™t see death as the end; rather, it was the beginning of a new life. I didnâ€™t know that a rebirth was possible in the same life. But slowly, my soul awakened and I realized that it was a spiritual calling.â€
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Red, White|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Â Some Lesser Known Facts About Shama Sikander
- Does Shama Sikander smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shama Sikander drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shama Sikander is an Indian TV/film actress who is known for her lead role in the TV serialÂ Yeh Meri Life Hai (2003).
- She was born in Makrana, Rajasthan. In her early life in Makrana, she attended as many as nine schools.
- When she was 10, her family moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, she has also mentioned in interviews that her early years in Mumbai were extremely difficult, even at times “there was no food in the house to feed the family.”
- She enrolled in the Roshan Taneja School of Acting in Mumbai, just after completing her 10th grade.
- Â While working for establishing herself, she travelled for hours, daily from the outskirts of the city (Mumbai) to attend the auditions.
- She began her Bollywood career at the age of 16, with the movieÂ Prem Aggan (1998) and a year later she appeared in the Amir Khan starrer Mann (1999) in a cameo as Kamini.
- She also managed to gain significant recognition on television as the title character ‘Pooja Mehta’ in the popular Sony TV drama Ye Meri Life Hai (2003).
- Following her success inÂ B-town, she launched her women’s wear fashion label ‘Saisha’ in the upscale Mumbai suburb of Bandra West.
- She later founded her production company, Chocolate Box Films Pvt. Ltd. in 2012, which has yet to announce its first production.
- Â In 2012, she took the role of the main antagonist, Bhyankar Pari, in the young-adult fantasy program Baal Veer.Â She quit the show in 2014.
- It was also heard that she had undergone some sort of plastic surgery.
- In 2016, before making her comeback in short film, ‘Sexoholic’, she shared that she was suffering from depression/bipolar disorder and even tried to commit suicide.
- In 2017, she featured in a Vikram Bhatt’s web series Maya which is an Indian version of Hollywood sex-based movie “Fifty Shades of Grey”.