|Nickname(s)||The New Age Action Hero of Bollywood, Singu|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Martial Artist, Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5â€™ 11â€
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||10 December 1980|
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|School(s)||â€¢ Studied at an Ashram in Palakkad, Kerala, till the age of 13
â€¢ Army Public School, Dagshai, Himachal Pradesh
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Martial Art|
|Debut||Telugu Film: Shakti (2011)
Hindi Film: Force (2011)
|Hobbies||Working Out, Going to Temples, Watching Movies, Travelling|
|Awards/Achievements||2012- Filmfare Award for Best Debut (Force)
2012- Stardust Awards for Breakthrough performance (Force)
|Controversy||In 2013, when a reporter asked him about his then girlfriend Mona Singh's morphed MMS, he got angry and said, "I think men like you promote such things. People like you talk about these things, see them. Indian men should not support vulgarity in any form."|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mona Singh (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Died)
Mother- Vimla Jamwal
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
|Favourite Food(s)||Tofu, Gulab Jamun, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri|
|Favourite Actor(s)||M. G. Ramachandran, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Hrithik Roshan, Sunil Shetty, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Huma Qureshi, Nargis Fakhri, Shruti Haasan|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Singh is Kinng
Chinese: Police Story, Enter The Dragon
|Favourite Director(s)||N. Lingusamy, AR Murugadoss, Prabhudeva, Shankar, SS Rajamouli, Dibakar Banerjee, Imtiaz Ali, Anurag Kashyap, Vipul Shah, Tigmanshu Dhulia|
|Favourite Song||"Lutt Jawan" from Film 'Commando'|
|Favourite Destination||Rishikesh (India)|
|Salary (approx.)||â‚¹1-2 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vidyut Jammwal
- Does Vidyut Jammwal smoke?: No
- Does Vidyut Jammwal drink alcohol?: No
- Vidyut was born into an Army family, hence he travelled and lived all over India due to his father’s regular transfers.
- His father passed away when he was a child.
- HisÂ mother is a former Miss Jammu & Kashmir.
- He started his martial arts (Kalaripayattu) training at the age of 3 when he used to live at an ashram in Palakkad, Kerala. He has participated in different martial arts competitions across 30 countries.
- He came to Mumbai to showcase martial arts at a greater platform, but luckily he came to know about the auditions going on for Nishikant Kamath’s Force (2011) – a remake of Tamil film Kaakha Kaakha (2003), where he went and got selected.
- Jammwal has initiated a course in which he teaches girls how to defend themselves.
- Earlier, he used to be a non-vegetarian, but in 2002, he turned vegetarian.
- In 2014, he was named PETA’s hottest vegetarian of 2013.
- He was offered to play the role of Salman Khan’s younger brother in Sooraj Barjatya’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015), but because of his date issues, he wasn’t able to accept the offer.
- Jammwal follows a tough workout routine as he does 5 days of martial art training, 2 days of weight training (6 – 7 hours/day), which includes warm-ups, running/ sprinting, pull-ups, squats, handstand walks, upper body workout that includes roman rings, parallel bars, and push-ups.
- He is a devotee of Lord Hanuman.
- In 2016,Â Jammwal was featured in Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s ‘Tumhe Dillagi’ song with co-star Huma Qureshi.